Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Making 3D Nets


3D NETS
On Monday Mrs Walter came to our class and talked to us about 3D shapes. We learnt a lot of things such as how many faces a cube has, what the difference is between a 2D and 3D shape is. We also learnt that the difference between a 2D shape and a 3D shape is that a 3D shape has length, a width and a depth but a 2D shape has length and width but no depth. Miss Paton said “Choose your partner but don’t choose someone who can be off task and doesn’t do their work”. I chose Veisinia as my partner because she is always on task. Then we got asked to make an amazing 3D cube out of kebab sticks, tooth picks and yummy wines gums. But first Miss Paton asked us how many wine gums we needed. I said to my partner we needed 8 wine gums and she agreed. Then we looked around to see what others were doing, then me and my partner got an idea. We made a cute little cube. The great thing was that we got to eat the yummy wine gums at the end but the bad thing was we had to write our estimate and do measuring. I did good but it was a really messy. We then had to estimate how long one edge was and then we had to measure it. I estimated it to be 7 cm and I was right. Then we had to do our maths by plusing or using your times tables to equal all the edges together. They added up to be 84 cm. I was so happy because we got to go to lunch and even eat our wine gums Yay !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.